Tuesday, April 14, 2009

Rice Cereal



I decided to try to start Holly, Liam, and Megan on rice cereal on Monday. I'm sad to report that it didn't go over as well as I would have liked. See, I'm thinking once the babies start eating cereal, they'll spit up less. Especially poor Megan, she spits up so much every day! I don't know how she has gotten to be the heaviest baby with as much as she spits up each feeding. 

So for their noon feeding Shawn got to do the honors. I video taped the beginning of the event. Holly was up first. When Shawn gave her the first spoonful of cereal, she made the yuckiest face I've ever seen her make. She did NOT like it at all. (I don't blame her, that rice cereal looks gross!) So she pretty much spit it all out. Megan was next. She still has the reflex where she tries to push everything out of her mouth. So although it seemed like she didn't mind the cereal, I don't think much of it was actually eaten in Megan's case. Finally Liam's turn. Big boy was ready to eat. I think he was a bit surprised at first, but once he got going, he seemed to like it. 

Today I decided to just feed Liam cereal at noon. He did very well. He ate a tablespoon of cereal mixed with 2 tablespoons of formula. Not bad! Actually, that was more than Bridget ate her first few days of eating, and Bridget was so ready to eat at 4 months. Bridget was opening her mouth when the spoon came towards her. Neither Holly, Liam, or Megan opened their mouths as the food came towards them. Maybe tomorrow I'll try to feed Megan again. Given the improvement that Liam showed from Day 1 to Day 2, perhaps she'll do much better the second time around.

Don't know if there's a correlation here or not, but Bridget has been pretty loaded on sugar with all the candy she got from the Easter Bunny, and she's taken 2+ hour naps Monday and Tuesday. Perhaps she's crashing after ingesting all that sugar!?!? I like that she's taking naps, but is it worth feeding her all the sugar to get the nap?

Since she took a nap today, I decided to take her to Matthew's music program. Originally I was going to go on my own because it started at 7:30 pm. Anyway, she came with, and seemed to have a good time. Matthew did very well singing all of his songs about fish. It was definitely "Oceans of Fun". The program was very cute and well rehearsed. Good job, Matt!



So Shawn bought us this new Kodak ZI6 flip video camera. It's pretty fun to use. Hopefully you'll start seeing more videos on the blog. If all goes well, I'll post a couple here in a minute or twelve.

Enjoy!

No comments: