Friday, April 3, 2009

New Stroller and Bridget's special day



We finally got a stroller to accommodate everyone!  Now if the weather would warm up so we could use it! I think I'm going to even like this stroller given time. So far, one of the wheels won't snap in correctly, and tightening the belts as far as they can go took forever, figuring out how to fold and unfold the darn thing was tricky, and it's a bit on the heavy side...I'm sure I'll get used to it soon enough. We haven't tried to put it in the van yet, but it should fit. It folds down pretty compact. There is a second canopy that covers the front seats and all four seats recline independently, which is nice. It was easy to roll the four around the kitchen, and I can't wait to get them outside to try it out! In this photo, all the seats are upright, which is why Megan and Liam are kinda slumping over to the side. Their belts weren't all the way tightened either. Hopefully with some modifications, everyone will have a safe and smooth stroller ride. 

Today was sort of Bridget's special day. She really gets the short end of the stick now that the babies have arrived. I haven't been able to spend much time with her because I'm so busy taking care of the triplets and trying to keep up with the daily housework. So today after breakfast, Bridget and I played with her Tag Reader. During nap time, we read library books. When I played with Holly, Megan and Liam on the floor, Bridget was right beside me entertaining them too. 

Not surprisingly, she was well behaved and tantrum free because she had a lot of my attention today. Oddly enough, at 11 am, Holly, Megan and Liam all went down for a nap, and Bridget had earned some tv time. So I flipped on PBS, and fell asleep on the couch. Next thing I knew it was after noon and Shawn was waking me up! What a nice nap!

At 2:00, Bridget came with me to the allergist. I packed up her blank notebook and a Sesame Street "math" workbook. While we waited in the office, Bridget and I worked through about 15 pages of the book. I don't know where the math is in this book, but she matched like objects and different objects. She selected the biggest or smallest item from a group, and she traced the numbers from 1-20. She had a great time and asked if she could play with the book when we got home. 

After the doc, we stopped by our local park. NO ONE WAS THERE! It was a beautiful day, and not a kid in sight. So we killed about a half hour before getting back in the car and going to the movie theater. We went to see Monsters vs. Aliens. She really enjoyed that too. The previews scared her a bit, and there were certain scenes that she covered up her eyes for, but she wasn't scared to the point where she wanted to leave the theater. 

Even after all the popcorn that she ate, Bridget ate a ton for dinner. We had tortellini. She ended up eating two heaping ladel-fuls of tortellinis. 

After dinner, I was trying to get the triplets to bed when the chaos began. (I should mention that Shawn was not home, he was at his fantasy baseball draft.) First, Liam spit up the entire contents of his last three bottles. It happened while I was changing Megan. He was in the swing, didn't fuss a bit, but when I came to get him to change his diaper, he was completely covered-head-to-toe, front-to-back with spit-up. It was even pooling in the bottom of the swing. Don't know what was up with that. He doesn't usually spit up that much! The little stinker was smiling so big when I picked him up, he didn't care a bit about the mess. So now I have to give him an unexpected bath, which was interesting. His jammies wouldn't peel off they were so soaked! YUCK! Of course, the boy who poops every 36 hours also had major poop in his diaper too. Anyway, I'm bathing him as fast as I can, Bridget is in tantrum mode because how dare I ask her to put her jammies on and Megan is screaming her annoying scream on the living room floor. Holly too is fussing because she's still hungry. 

I manage to get Liam bathed and in bed and Bridget finally calms down. Now the other girls are still screaming. Priority: Megan, because if I have to listen to that awful cry of hers any longer I'm going to jump off a bridge! I top her off with 3 ounces of formula, change her diaper and clothes and she's off to dream land. Now on to Holly, cuz she's wailing. She too finishes off her bottle, lets out some huge burps and she's changed and put to bed. WHEW! The house is slowly quieting down. 

Next up: Bridget. She fusses a bit when I tell her it's time to "do the chart". She says she doesn't wanna and she's not tired, but I insist that it's bedtime, and that she needs to do the things on her chart, and she settled down. It's amazing what she'll do for a sticker! Each night if she completes her 6 tasks in a reasonable amount of time and with no tantrums, she gets TWO bedtime stories instead of one. (We used to read her 3 books, but her books are too long now to read 3 for bedtime!) Oh yah, the chart is really helping her become more independent too. Today she put away all her toys from the living room and her bedroom on her own, without any help from me! She did a very good job too, everything was put away correctly and nothing was forgotten! After bedtime stories and hugs and kisses it was time to assess the damage around the house. 

*The swing seat cover would need laundering ASAP.
*Three loads of baby laundry needed to be done, but I could get by if I did one load of all the spit-up stuff!
*Dinner dishes need to be cleaned up, dishwasher unloaded and reloaded.
*Bottles, bottles, bottles!
*Two loads of laundry still need to be folded and put away from yesterday.
*I haven't checked my school email in three days, and haven't checked my Yahoo email at all today.
*Need to get everything packed up and ready to go to Ryan's confirmation party tomorrow. 
*Still need to make dessert for Ryan's party. (Well, I don't have to, but I want to!)

So what do I end up doing? Posting to the blog! I just wanted to sit down for a few minutes and here I am a half hour later, still on the computer! Better get going on my chores.

Two more quick things: Holly began sucking her thumb, and Megan rolled over from her front to back during tummy time today!


BYE!



No comments: