Tuesday, January 20, 2009

Inauguration Day & Sandy's Birthday

Well today we witnessed history with the inauguration of Barack Obama. The 6 of us watched the event with Aunt Noreen in our living room. Though Bridget was more interested in having Noreen read a book to her than watch tv, and the triplets, of course, were sleeping. 

It was nice visiting with Aunt Noreen. Bridget got two more birthday presents, that she immediately played with. Bridget and I played two games of Memory, and when Noreen left, Bridget put together the puzzle that Noreen gave her.  She also has been addicted to her Tag books that Aunt Tina got her for her birthday. I think she's logged at least 5 hours of playing with her Tag book today! 

Little Miss Bridget also took a 3 hour nap today! Probably because she woke up at 5 am when the babies were up to feed. Today was a great day for a nap because it gave Shawn and I time to feed, change and clothe the babies for our trip to Grandma Joan's house. We had to wake Bridget up in order to leave on time!

So then we went to Grandma Joan's to have pizza with the birthday girl, Aunt Sandy. Of course, we had Phil's Pizza, the world's best pizza. Aunt Judy and Uncle Len also stopped by, and Ann was there too, since Tina, Dave and Kaitlyn are enjoying a vacation in Disney World. (Hope they are having lots of fun!)

After a very yummy dinner, Shawn and I snuck out to the mall so that Shawn could get some new jeans and pants. (His current jeans are horrid!) We got to the mall only an hour before closing time, so we had to move fast, but it was still nice to get out together. I think that was the 2nd time that Shawn and I got out on our own since the babies were born. And this trip to Grandma's was only our 6th outing as a family of 6. (Yes, for now, I AM counting because it's so rare!)

When we got back to Grandma's, it was feeding time. So Grandma, Shawn and I all fed a baby, and Grandpa took over for Shawn so he could warm up and pack up the van. I think we finally got out of there around 10:30 pm. Much too late! Bridget passed out in the van, as did the babies. I thought about napping, but I had napped on the way up, so I wasn't tired. 

When we got home, we unpacked, got bottles washed and ready, and before we knew it, the babies were hungry again. Such is our lives these days! I can't wait till they space out their feedings a bit more. 

No comments: