Tuesday, May 19, 2009

Day 1: Downtown Disney


I've begun uploading photos to My Mobile Me Gallery. Click the link at the right.

I know there's a few fans out there who have been waiting patiently for my blog about our vacation. I have some time here before we leave for the airport, so hopefully I can get you caught up a bit. 

Our flight out of O'Hare was delayed about an hour. Shawn and I feared that we were going to miss our connection at Dulles. If we missed our connection, we would be hanging out at the airport for 4 hours. Ugh! Thankfully, we hopped off our first flight, and ran right to the next gate and were the absolute LAST people to board our connecting flight---only for it to be delayed about an hour at the gate! Bridget did very well on the flights with all the sitting around. She listened to music, colored and watched a short cartoon. 

We got to the hotel around 6:30 pm and headed to Downtown Disney at 7 pm. We ate dinner at the Earl of Sandwich and it was very good. Even the peanut butter and jelly sandwich was great.

Walked around and shopped. Bridget liked the Lego store. Bridget got her autograph book and some lollypops. I got a Mickey Mouse pancake ring. I also ran into a former PHS student.  We all got some popcorn and waited for our bus to take us back to the hotel.

Bridget was a bit crabby and tried the whole “I’m not tired” thing.  We had a suite, so she was in her own little room. She got out of bed a few times to tell us she wasn’t tired or her foot hurt or that she was hungry and almost threw a tantrum but I was able to get her to stop and she fell asleep within a few minutes of that episode.

Shawn and I watched the LOST finale over the Slingbox. Tina must have been watching it on our DVR at the same time, because we were both fighting for control of the dvr. (Fast forwarding, reversing) From her end, she probably thought our tv was possessed, because we would fast forward the show, and she would reverse it. Twice she reversed it to the beginning. That’s how we figured out two people were trying to control the dvr.  So we let her take control, and everything was fine. I, however, fell asleep about half way through. I have still yet to finish watching the entire episode!

No comments: