Tuesday, November 25, 2008

Our Minivan

We haven't been up to much lately. I did go to the doc on Monday for fetal monitoring and the biophysical test. The girls were stubborn for fetal monitoring, the tech had a hard time locating their heartbeats, then they wouldn't stay consistent on the monitor. The boy did great, quickly. I was a bit worried that the doc would send me off to the hospital, because last week the tech read the results and moved me on to the next room. This time she said, "I'll let dr. take a look at this and I'll be back." But I guess everything was fine. The biophysical exam went well too. All three babies scored a 10 out of 10 again. 

Monday night we all met up with some teachers and their families for dinner at Portillo's. Bridget had fun playing with friends Elaina and Ryan, and she got to meet new baby Alyssa. I got to catch up with a few math teachers. It was fun.

Tuesday, Auntie Anna spent the whole day with Bridget. They had lots of fun playing dollhouse, reading books, finding hidden pictures and playing I-Spy. Grandma Kathie also stopped by for a quick visit. Then Grandma drove Shawn to Car Max (finally!) where Shawn (finally!) purchased our new minivan. We ended up with a black 2006 Dodge Grand Caravan SXT. It's pretty nice. It has stow and go seating for both the 2nd and 3rd rows. Bucket seats in the 2nd row, bench seat in the back. Dual power sliding doors, and a power hatch. It should fit all four car seats comfortably, though we haven't installed all of them yet. 

After dinner Tuesday night, Shawn, Anna, Bridget and I all took the new wheels out for a spin and we ended up at Target at Bridget's suggestion. Shawn had a grand old time making fun of me because I took one of those scooter things for a spin around the store. That was the best shopping trip I've had in months! After making our purchases, Anna and I got a cup of coffee, and Bridget put the charm on the employees and ended up with a free cookie and cup of milk. She was worn out though, and she had no problem falling asleep in the new van on the way home.


No comments: