Saturday, November 22, 2008

Yeay! She pooped on the potty!

Finally, the day has arrived...Bridget pooped on the potty! I could tell she was trying to push 'em out, so Shawn and I coaxed her to the bathroom. She ran to the bathroom without much fuss, which is good, because the past several times she started to poop, she screamed about going into the bathroom and screamed even more when we put her on the potty. So today, Shawn took her in, and remained calm with her. She did fuss a bit because she had a hard poop, but she survived. There was no mess in her pants either. Yeay! She did have two accidents in the afternoon. One was pretty blatant, the other happened when she was on her top bunk during nap time, she tried to get down and go potty, but had the accident at the bottom of the ladder. So today was a very good day. She's been doing very well. I think she told us she had to go 6 times today, yet another improvement.

Thanksgiving morning I'm going for fetal monitoring at St. Joe's because the doctor's office is closed Thursday and Friday. The test will be done in the Labor and Delivery ward. I think Shawn and Bridget are going to come with. I want Bridget to see the hospital before I'm actually admitted so that she's not afraid. I'm going to see if they will give us a little tour of the nursery and NICU as well. I just hope that the babies pass the test so that I'm not admitted that morning. That would stink!

Shawn keeps thinking it will be another 2-3 weeks, and I'm thinking it will be shortly after Thanksgiving. My blood pressure was high (for me) at my last visit and the dr. realized that one girl is always sleeping during fetal monitoring. She'll wake up when stimulated, but I got the impression that he's keeping a close eye on her. 

I'm at the point where I don't want to go anywhere or do anything. I've been sleeping the days away.  Some days I'm napping 5 hours! This is in addition to a good 8-10 hours sleep overnight. Poor Bridget has been spending her days playing on her own, and I'm grateful that she's content to do this. I think it's wearing on her though. Today, all she wanted to do was cuddle up with Shawn and I. We got lots of hugs and kisses today.  Shawn gave her a little pep talk about the babies and how Bridget will have to share us with the babies, but no matter what we will always love her. It was very cute. 

Ok, that's it for today.

No comments: